Have I ever mentioned how much I love felt? Well, I LOVE felt. Recently I began making felt Christmas ornaments. Here's the first one I made, with beads and buttons from left over jewelry.
Here's what you need:
- Felt (green, blue, brown)
- Needle and thread
- Beads, buttons, etc.
- Cut 1 triangle in the green felt (size depending on your taste). Cut 2 blue triangles just a smidge bigger than the green (I usually pin the green triangle and cut around it. It doesn't have to be exact. Unique is good). ;) Cut one small rectangle in the brown felt
- Next, sew beads and buttons on the green felt to make your tree. Make sure to leave space for the stitching.
- Stitch the green triangle to one of the blue triangles.
- Cut the size of ribbon you like. Stitch the tree piece to the remaining blue triangle on the two sides sewing in the ribbon at the top. Leave the base open for now.
- Stuff the tree. Fold over the brown rectangle in half.
- Stick the brown stump into the base of the tree and finish the stitching.
- Happy ornamenting!
You can even add some detail if you like, like this one with the year.